EASY STEPS TO ADMISSION
For All Students (Pre-K through 12th):
Columbus Christian Academy has an admission policy for both new and returning students.
For new students or transferring students, factors such as:
(1) previous academic effort (2) disciplinary record; and (3) parental cooperation are considered with regard to admission.
For returning students, the following factors are considered with regard to readmission of a student: (1) administrator, counselor, and teacher evaluations; (2) academic effort; (3) disciplinary record; (4) parental cooperation; (5) student’s attitude toward the school; and (6) prompt payment of accounts. Columbus Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in Administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs received from colleges and universities, athletic programs, and other school-administered programs.
- Parents/guardians must complete, in its entirety, the Columbus Christian Academy enrollment application and return it to the school office with the registration fee. This application is available in the school office and at the school’s website (NEW STUDENT APPLICATION). Parents must sign the application agreement to abide by all school policies and discipline procedures and be supportive in their attitudes toward the school and its personnel.
- All information requested on the application must be submitted with the application applicable to the enrolling grade.
- This information includes:
- a copy of the most recent report card; and/or achievement test and a high school transcript
- the Mississippi Certificate of Immunization Compliance Form 121
- a copy of the student’s birth
- This information includes:
- The administrator will review new elementary student applications. The guidance counselor will review new secondary student applications. Some applications may be rejected at this point, and the family will be notified of the rejection.
- When a student’s application is approved, a meeting with the administrator or guidance counselor will be scheduled.
- If the results of this meeting are acceptable to all parties, the student is officially enrolled as a student of Columbus Christian Academy. If the results are not acceptable, the student will not be accepted as a student of Columbus Christian Academy.
The following vaccines are required for school entry:
5 doses of DTaP, unless the 4th dose is given on or after the 4th birthday
4 doses of Polio, unless the 3rd dose is given on or after the 4th birthday
3 doses of Hepatitis B
2 doses of MMR
2 doses of the Varicella-containing vaccine or a history of typical varicella (chickenpox)
Age Requirements for Pre-K through Kindergarten: Columbus Christian Academy is in compliance with the Mississippi school entrance law which requires that a child must be five on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten. We accept both three and four year olds in our Pre-K program. To ensure that we are in compliance with the Mississippi school entrance law for kindergarten, we have the following policy for Pre-K enrollment:
• Three year old entrance: the child must be three on or before September 1.• Four year old entrance: the child must be four on or before September 1.
Other Requirements for Three Year Old Entrance to Pre-K:
• The child must be completely potty trained.
• If a 3 year old proves to be too immature for our Pre-K program, Columbus Christian Academy reserves the right to request withdrawal of that student.
Birth Certificates and Immunization Records: Each student’s file must contain a certified copy of his birth certificate. Three year-old preschoolers must be up-to-date with shots and have Form No. 121 Certificate of Immunization Compliance marked “Temporary Compliance” with a date for next immunization on file in the school office. All four and five year old kindergarten students, 1st graders, and students attending Columbus Christian Academy for the first time MUST have form No. 121 Certificate of Immunization Compliance on file in the school office.
Beginning with the 2012-2013 school year the Mississippi State Department of Health will require the Tdap vaccination for all students entering 7th grade. Immunization certificates may be obtained from the Lowndes County Health Department or your physician. Immunization requirements must be completed no later than the 15th day of school or the child will be excluded from school until requirements are met. There will be no tuition credit for any time lost from school.
Please bring your child’s birth certificate and immunization certificate to the school office prior to Parent Orientation
*Columbus Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, services, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.