STUDENT ASSESSMENT OVERVIEW
Columbus Christian Academy assesses the academic progression and performance of students using third-party assessments on an annual basis. Assessments such as the Stanford Achievement, ACT Aspire, the PSAT, the Pre-ACT and the ACT College Readiness test provides teachers, administrators, and families a view into students’ understanding and grasp of information taught through each school year.
- ACT Aspire – 3rd – 8th grade
- “The ACT Aspire is a national test, a criterion referenced test, which means that rather than measure a child’s results against another child’s results, … the resulting “scale score” is a measure of how well the child has learned the standards as measured by the test.”(alabamaschoolconnection.org)
- Link to more information
- With the Aspire, learning gaps can be identified early and addressed in order to best serve the CCA students.
- Stanford Achievement Tests (SAT10) – Kingergarten – 2nd Grade
- Stanford Achievement 10 (SAT10) is a norm-based assessment of the kindergarten through second grade students. Norm based testing compares the number of correct answers given by a student to the percent of other students’ correct answers and a high and low percentile is given on the score sheets
- Link address to more info https://www.pearsonassessments.com/store/usassessments/en/Store/Professional-Assessments/Academic-Learning/Comprehensive/Stanford-Achievement-Test-Series-%7C-Tenth-Edition/p/100000415.html